These are the local standards set within this practice for the benefit of our patients. It is our job to give you treatment and advice. Following discussion with you, you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent. In the interest of your health it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
Our Responsibility to You
- We are committed to giving all of our patients the best care possible.
- We run an appointment system in this practice. You will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse hopes to be able to see you. You should not wait more than 20 minutes in the waiting room without receiving an explanation for the delay.
- You will have access to a doctor rapidly in case of emergency and immediately in cases of urgency.
- We will arrange a home visit as appropriate for those who are too ill or infirm to be brought to the surgery.
- We will try to answer the phone promptly and to ensure that there are sufficient staff available to do this. You should be able to speak to your doctor by telephone.
- We will refer patients onto secondary care where appropriate and necessary.
- We will review your repeat medication at least once a year.
- We will maintain appropriate and accurate medical records.
- Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of their ethnic origin or religious and cultural beliefs.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive the information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- You have the right to see your health records, subject to limitations in the law. These will be kept confidential at all times.
- Chaperones will be made available to any patient who would like one present.
Your Responsibility to Us
- Please be on time for your appointments
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please inform us if you need to cancel your appointment.
- Please only request a home visit where absolutely necessary and before 10am.
- Please keep your phone call brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results are available between 2pm and 5pm. Please don’t call outside of these hours unless absolutely necessary.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect.